Bangladesh will be launching its own satellite called Bangabandhu-1 in March of this year as its design is now complete, assured by Shahjahan Mahmood the chairman of BTRC.
Following March of 2018, the satellite will be shipped to the USA for deployment.
The approximate cost incurred for building Bangabandhu1 satellite:
In case you’re curious about the foreign entity responsible for designing the satellite, it’s called Thales Alenia Space, a French company. Moreover, cost of this whole project has reached an astounding figure of Tk 2967 crore and is likely to increase.
Presently, Bangladesh is serving the demand for satellite network with the help from foreign nations, incurring almost $14m in expenses per year!
With Bangabandhu1 satellite soon to be orbiting above us, let’s find out all the countless opportunities it will be opening for us.
- Bangabandhu-1 will be covering the entire South Asian region including- Indonesia, Philippines, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan; as a result, improved revenue for Bangladesh.
- Availability of a fast and reliable internet network in rural and remote regions at affordable prices.
- Will greatly facilitate mobile banking system necessary for a cashless society.
- Transferring data regardless of size and quantity could be made in seconds
- Bangladesh will soon be self-sufficient in terms of serving its demand for satellite.
- You can establish contact from any part of the world through a satellite.
Apart from these, our economy will thrive significantly in various different ways.
Bangabandhu-1 satellite has a longevity of 15 years with proper maintenance; furthermore, it can generate additional $2.5bn revenue for an improved Digital Bangladesh.
Stay with ForgePortal for further updates.